A Bold Approach to Beauty
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique in which a sterile handheld tool is used to place pigment into the skin in fine, short strokes resembling hair, creating the illusion of fuller brows. Microblading takes at least two sessions and typically lasts 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, sun exposure and product use.
Before the Treatment
The followin treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
- Laser Treatments
- Chemical Peeling
- Do not take Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours prior to treatment
- Do not drink alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil ) 1 week before the treatment
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before the treatment
During the Treatment
- Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
- Brows are measured perfectly to compliment your unique face shape and size.
- Next, you and your aesthetics provider chooses the perfect color.
- Initial strokes are placed , then anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort.
- Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
Post Treatment Care
Make sure to avoid all of the following:
- Increased sweating, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings ,and /or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the microbladed area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Drinking alcohol In excess as it may lead to slow healing process.
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for rinsing and applying post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- Before showering apply a thin layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post Microblading procedure, however experience has shown that by following after care instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Once complete healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
Microblading Healing Process
- Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. A true reflection of the healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after the initial treatment. It will go from too dark to too light, to just right!
- Immediately after the procedure the pigment is very sharp and dark. This is because the pigments are still sitting on top of your skin and have not settled completely into the dermis. The color of the pigment will soften gradually.
- Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, dry skin will appear. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
- Your eyebrows will be the lightest tone during the 5-12 days after your treatment because the color will have absorbed into the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, natural looking eyebrow.